Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Return Policy

If you are somehow not familiar with Costco's return policy, it is one of the best features of your Costco membership. With the exception of certain electronics, you are guaranteed satisfaction on anything you buy.

I've taken back weird tasting orange juice, apples that didn't measure up, and (before the policy changed) an iPod (and exchanged it for a much better one with still $$ left over). One time I took back a shirt that I felt shrunk too much for my postpartum figure.

Recently I took back a coffee maker that suddenly stopped working. I loved the fact they just handed me the cash back, and didn't ask me to exchange it for another one.

You also don't need to have a receipt. Costco has a record of everything you've bought.

Because of this policy, we generally buy small appliances (vacuums, coffee makers, printers, etc.) at Costco since, if they break down, we don't have to worry later. Not to mention they usually have good deals on them.

I have heard that if you are unhappy with a food item, you still have to bring in the "unhappy" portion...they won't just take your word for it.

I've never had them complain or give me a guilt trip for taking something back. And I totally appreciate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment